In this new multi-part series, I am going to speak to the common pain points that small business owners face. How do I know these are common? Because I see them over and over again in businesses from $1M in revenue to $25M in revenue. If you are a small business owner, chances are you've experienced these problems, so I thought I'd share solutions to each.
The first problem I'd like to discuss is the "SPOF" problem.
What Are The Symptoms Of Being The Single Point Of Failure?
- When someone calls or emails you, it takes you forever to get back (if you ever do).
- You are in constant fire-fighting mode.
- You over-commit and then don't follow through on your commitments to customers, vendors, employees etc.
- You go home each day worrying about all the many details of the business.
- You worry if that prospect will say "yes."
- You worry about how you will deliver on the next big project.
- Your family is forever wanting you to take a break, but you can't seem get away.